Sous Chef - Amicalola Falls State Park & Lodge.
Amicalola Falls State Park & Lodge, located in Dawsonville, GA is one of Georgia's greatest natural treasures! With a 729 ft. picturesque water fall and the starting point for those hikers going North on the Appalachian Trail, we offer camping, hiking, food & beverage, lodging, zip lines, adventure park with guided hikes, birds of prey, archery and much, much more.
We are looking for a Sous Chef to join our culinary team! Under the direct supervision of the Executive Chef, this position supervises, manages and is responsible for all aspects of the culinary operation in the absence of the Executive Chef. This position also supervises certain team members within the culinary department.
This is a salaried position @ $37,000 - $40,000 depending on experience.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should perform the following essential functions of the position:
- Assists the Executive Chef in the supervision of all food preparation for the Restaurant.
- Maintains high sanitation standards, including food handling and storage.
- Estimates production needs on a daily and weekly basis.
- Conducts monthly sanitation and safety inspections with the Executive Chef.
- Assists in development of menu selections and format with the Executive Chef and Food & Beverage Manager.
- Observes workers engaged in preparing, portioning, and garnishing foods to ensure that methods of cooking and garnishing and sizes of portions are as prescribed.
- Gives instructions to cooking personnel in fine points of cooking.
- Cooks and carves meats, and prepares dishes, such as sauces, during rush periods and for banquets and other social functions.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Establish the day's priorities and assign production and prep task to staff to execute.
- Review daily specials
- Meet with Executive Chef to review schedules, assignments, anticipated business levels, changes and other information pertinent to the job performance.
- Take physical inventory of specified food items for daily inventory.
- Requisition the day’s supplies and ensure that they are received and stored correctly.
- Ensure that each Kitchen work area is stocked with specified tools, supplies and equipment to meet the business demand.
- Monitor performance of staff and ensure all procedures are completed to the department standards; rectify deficiencies with respective personnel.
- Work on line during service and assist wherever needed.
- Be aware of any shortages and make arrangements before the item runs out.
- Inspect the cleanliness of the line, floor, all Kitchen stations. Direct staff to rectify any deficiencies.
- Ensure that staff maintain and strictly abide by State sanitation/Health regulations and Club requirements.
- Maintain proper storage procedures as specified by Health Department and Hotel requirements.
- Instruct staff in the correct usage and care of all machinery in the Kitchen operation, stressing safety.
- Review sales and food cost daily; resolve any discrepancies with the Executive Chef.
- Minimize waste and maintain controls to attain forecasted food and labor costs.
- Prepare weekly work schedules for all assigned personnel in accordance with staffing guidelines and forecasted labor costs. Adjust schedules throughout the week to meet business demands.
Required experience: 3 years related experience
Amicalola Falls State Park & Lodge is an equal opportunity employers\ committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.