Bar / Outlet Manager - Lake Blackshear Resort
Lake Blackshear Resort & Golf Club, located in Cordele, Georgia, is looking for an extraordinary Bar Manager! We offer a culture that focuses on teamwork and high levels of customer service with an environment that empowers our team members to exceed guests' expectations. Our ideal candidate will be engaged, hands-on, and prepared to operate a "best in class" resort!
Lake Blackshear Resort has 88 rooms, villas and lake cabins. Classic, minimalist-style on beautiful 8800 acre cypress lake with restaurant, bar, fitness center, conference center, marina with a lake restaurant, 18 hole-golf course designed by Denis Griffiths, hunting preserve, fishing and family/children’s programs. We are managed by the Southeast's premiere hospitality management company, Coral Hospitality.
Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Food and Beverage Director, this position directs and coordinates activities for one of the two Restaurants and Bar at Lake Blackshear Resort. Meets or exceeds budgeted financial goals.
- Understands all opening and closing procedures.
- Has a full understanding of all computerized programs in Food and Beverage.
- Designs, promotes, and executes events and activities for the outlet and bar.
- Purchases all related supplies excluding food.
- Supervises food and beverage staff, assists where needed.
- Provides training and a positive work environment for all personnel. Interprets and enforces all Resort rules and regulations.
- Provides world class guest service in accordance with established guidelines and standards.
- Works closely with F&B Director to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Provides a safe and sanitary environment for guests and employees.
- Responsible for beverage inventory and maintaining proper inventory levels.
- Implements and executes all Coral Hospitality SOPS and accounting programs
- Ensure all annual evaluations for F&B personnel are completed in a timely manner.
- Monitors and maintains revenue reports on a daily basis to ensure accurate record keeping.
- Protects resort assets.
Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma required. Three years experience as an Outlet Manager or Bar Manager.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer Service –Adheres to the Coral Hospitality Basics of Service standards. Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills – Maintains confidentiality; Keeps emotions under control.
- Teamwork – Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect.
- Professionalism – Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Works quickly.
- Safety – Observes safety and security procedures.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
- Adaptability – Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily.
Job salary and benefits
* Salary and benefits are based on experience.
Lake Blackshear Resort is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
Pre-employment background screening will be conducted. DFWP/EEO/AA/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans