Executive Chef - Georgia
WE ARE SEARCHING FOR A HARD WORKING, HANDS ON EXECUTIVE CHEF WHO STRIVES TO ELEVATE THE PERFORMANCE OF THE TEAM THEY ARE LEADING!
Summary: Under the direct supervision of the General Manager, this position coordinates the activities and directs training of chefs, cooks, and other kitchen workers engaged in preparing and cooking foods to ensure an efficient and profitable food service by performing the following duties.
Education/Experience: High School degree or GED required. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; extensive cooking and production experience, minimum 10 years work in food preparation, 5 years in supervisory/Sous Chef position in a large kitchen.
Supervisory Duties: Directly supervises 15 to 20 employees in the Kitchen Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Maintains good quality products and presentations according to company standards; i.e., uses records and recipe cards
• Assures food production consistently exceeds member and guest expectations
• Supervises all food preparations for the Restaurants and Banquets
• Maintains purchasing, receiving and food storage standards; conducts food cost control inventories
• Estimates production needs on a daily and weekly basis
• Maintains high sanitation standards for food handling and equipment maintenance
• Conducts monthly sanitation and safety inspections
• Implement training to increase employee’s knowledge of food production, presentation and proper sanitation
• Implement safety training and accident prevention practices
• Assists in development of annual operation budget
• Develops menu selection and format with the Food & Beverage Manager/Supervisor and General Manager
• Coordinates with Engineering to ensure that preventative maintenance programs are in effect, and for follow up on pending work orders, firefighting and accident prevention, and periodical servicing of equipment
• Prepares weekly schedule based on business forecast and budget
• Coordinates with the Food & Beverage Manager/Supervisor for catering procedures and Banquet Event Orders (BEO’s)
• Adheres to the state and local health and safety regulations
• Plans menus and utilization of food surpluses and leftovers, taking into account probable number of guests, marketing conditions, popularity of various dishes, and frequency of menu changes
• Estimates food consumption and purchases or requisitions foodstuffs and kitchen supplies
• Reviews menus, analyzes recipes, determines food, labor, and overhead costs, and assigns prices to menu items
• Supervises cooking and other kitchen personnel and coordinates their assignments to ensure economical and timely food production