Course Maintenance Labor - Rosedale Golf & Country Club
The Golf Course Maintenance assists and/or works independently in the repairing and maintenance of various gasoline and diesel powered golf course maintenance equipment. The Golf Course Maintenance also assists in maintaining a clean service area and maintenance building, contributes to a preventative maintenance program, and places safety procedures as a top priority at Rosedale Golf And Country Club.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office Products such as Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required. Must know how to perform research using the Internet.
Language Skills: Ability to read a limited number of two and three syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide. Ability to perform these operations and using units of American Monday and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should perform the following essential functions of the position:
- Mows greens, trees, and roughs.
- Rakes sand bunkers
- Operates backpack and walk blowers
- Changes pin and tee placements daily
- Maintains restrooms, water barrels, and trash containers on course
- Operates utility vehicles
- Operates various rotary mowers
- Assists with special projects as needed
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Customer Service –Adheres to the Coral Hospitality Basics of Service standards; responds promptly to customer needs
- Interpersonal Skills – Listens to others without interrupting; focuses on solving conflict, not blaming
- Oral Communication – Listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; participates in meetings
- Written Communication – Able to read and interpret written information Teamwork – Contributes to building a positive team spirit
- Cost Consciousness – Conserves organizational resources
- Diversity – Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values
- Professionalism – Follows through on commitments; accepts responsibility for own actions
- Quality – Monitors own work to ensure quality
- Quantity - Works quickly; completes work in a timely manner
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly Adaptability – Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction Initiative – Volunteers readily; asks for and offers help when needed
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, high energy, and physically demanding environment.
- Must be able to spend 90% of working time standing, walking, and reaching and 10% of working time sitting.
- Pushing, pulling and lifting objects from a lower to higher position or moving objects horizontally, from position to position.
- Feeling or grasping objects of different size and shape.
- Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling while walking, standing or crouching in narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces.
- Will be required to use physical capabilities including climbing and ascending or descending ladders, stairs, and ramps.
- Must be able to carry loads greater than 35 pounds and exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with our guests in the primary language of the golf club, specific to location. (Primarily English).
- Hearing sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction.
- Specific vision abilities include close, distance, color, peripheral, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to operate a golf cart
- Exposed to weather conditions and prevalent temperature changes.
- Subject to moderate to high ambient noise levels.
- Frequently required to function in narrow aisles or passageways.