Chief Engineer - George T Bagby State Park & Lodge
The George T. Bagby State Park & Lodge is a secluded retreat along the shores of the Walter F. George Lake (Lake Eufaula) in southwestern Georgia. Visitors enjoy championship golf, full-service conference facilities, and a wealth of recreational opportunities. A full range of accommodations includes lodge rooms, cabins, and suites.
Fishermen have easy access to a full service marina, and a scenic 48,000 acre lake that is home to trophy catches. Guests enjoy championship golf at Meadow Links, noted by Golf Digest on its opening as America’s sixth best new affordable public course.
For families, there is a nature trail, a private swimming pool, beach, tennis courts, beach volleyball, canoe rentals, picnic shelter and more. The lodge is in the heart of the George T. Bagby State Park, covering hundreds of acres in Georgia’s relaxing rolling hills. Enjoy classic Southern cooking in the Pilot House Grille restaurant. For corporate functions, retreats and small group meetings, the well-equipped facilities at George T. Bagby are ideal.
We are currently searching for a Chief Engineer!!
We offer a culture that focuses on teamwork and high levels of customer service with an environment that empowers our team members to exceed guests' expectations. This is a great opportunity for the right individual!!
What makes an outstanding George T. Bagby State Park & Lodge team member?
- A professional team player willing to care for guests and exceed expectations.
- Warm, sincere, and positive attitude with compassion for others.
- Ability to be flexible and be creative, imaginative, and a team player.
Position Summary: Under the direction of the General Manager, the Chief Engineer is responsible for all aspects of the Property Operations department to include proper operation, maintenance and repair of all heating, ventilation, refrigeration, and mechanical equipment. Develops, coordinate and monitors a maintenance program to ensure the safety and comfort of all staff and guests. Secures and protects the property’s assets, including facilities and equipment.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises Maintenance Technicians within the Property Operations department. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training associates; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School degree or equivalent vocational training required.
- 3+ years’ experience in a Property Operations/Engineering department, preferably within a resort setting.
- 3+ years of management / supervisory experience.
- Working knowledge or certification of water and wastewater system.
- Certified Pool Operator - Pool Water
- HVAC Universal
Working knowledge of:
- plumbing codes
- electrical codes
- national/local fire codes
- local mechanical codes
- water treatment program
- blueprints and plumbing and wiring schematics
- power and hand tools, meters, etc. as it relates to the technical trades
- knowledge of all mechanical equipment critical to the operation of the building.
- HVAC or Electrical experience preferred
Key Relationships: Department managers, resort guests and visitors, equipment/supply vendors, city inspectors, local fire department, building trade contractors, service contractors, etc.
Job Available: Immediately
Salary Range: $30,000 - 35,000 based upon knowledge and experience
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, ancillary benefits (such as cancer, hospital, LTD, life insurance, etc.), vacation, personal/sick, and 401k
Please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements.