Chief Engineer - Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa
Position Available: Mid-May
Benefits: Competitive Group Plan which goes into effect the 1st day of the month after 60 days of employment
Experience: Leadership experience in a full-service hotel/resort, hands on, working knowledge of Refrigeration & HVAC.
Coral Hospitality , one of the top management companies in the hospitality industry, is currentlysearching for an experience, hand-on, knowledgeable Chief Engineer for Brasstown Valley Resort &Spa located in Young Harris, Georgia! We offer a culturethat focuses on teamwork and high levels of customer service with an environment that empowers our team members to exceed guests' expectations. Our ideal candidate will be engaged, hands-on, and prepared to operate a "best in class" resort! Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa has134 rooms and cabins. We are a full service Resort offering: food & beverage, lodging, championship golf course, upscale spa, stables,catering, conferences, hiking, tennis, recreation and much more!
Summary: Under the direct supervision of the General Manager, this position directs, coordinates, and exercises functional authority for planning, organizing, control, integration, and completion of engineering project within Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
· Plans and implements engineering programs, including defining the project philosophy, activities, milestones, and staff requirements.
· Develops and maintains a schedule and budget for the assigned engineering project.
· Provides reports on the status of project milestones and adjusts schedule accordingly.
· Controls expenditures within limitations of project budget.
· Identifies project staffing requirements and coordinates staffing with supporting organizational managers.
· Develop and implement a preventive maintenance program of all-building equipment and public areas, including the training of the Engineering staff on the management of such a program.
· Maintain inventory of all parts and supplies.
· Purchase all parts, supplies, tools and equipment related to Engineering.
· Ensure the proper operation, maintenance and operation of all equipment.
· Monitor staff performance in all phases of job functions ensuring that all procedures are carried out to department standards, rectify any deficiencies with respective personnel.
· Authorize requests for vacation/sick leave, schedule changes, overtime etc.
· Approve bills and invoices, statements, budget data.
· Follow up on projects and assignments given by the General Manager.
· Adheres to all State of Georgia, Department of Natural Resources, and Corporate regulations.
· Keeps records of work accomplished, operating statistics, R&M costs, utilities and preventative maintenance.
· Oversees the Loss Prevention program and works closely with the 3rd shift personnel to ensure the safety and security of all guests and employees.
· Maintains a secure building as it pertains to lock and key control.
· Assists in all emergencies in order to protect our guests and associates, and preserve the building and its systems during the emergency. Must act as quickly and responsibly as possible to return the building to its normal operating status.
· Ensures all preventative maintenance programs are followed and modified, if needed.
· Assists Safety Committee in all aspects.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Analytical - Collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flow and procedures.
· Design – Generates creative solutions; applies design principles; demonstrates attention to detail.
· Customer Service – Adheres to the Coral Hospitality Basics of Service standards.
· Interpersonal Skills – Listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; maintains confidentiality.
· Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
· Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively.
· Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities, gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests.
· Change Management – Develops workable implementation plans; communicates changes effectively; builds commitment and overcomes resistance; prepares and supports those affected by change, monitors transition and evaluates results.
· Delegation – Delegates work assignments; matches the responsibility to the person; provides recognition for results.
· Leadership – Inspires and motivates others to perform well; gives appropriate recognition to others.
· Managing People – Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities; provides regular performance feedback; improves process, continually works to improve supervisory skills.
· Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures.
· Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organizational goals and values.
· Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
· Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
· Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
· Quantity - Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity; works quickly.
· Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures.
· Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
· Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
· Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
· Initiative - Volunteers readily.
· Innovation – Meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work.
· Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; accepts feedback from others; gives appropriate recognition to others.
Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa is an equalopportunity employers committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining aninclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration foremployment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender (includingpregnancy), age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status,or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
Pre-employment background screening will beconducted. DFWP/EEO/AA/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans