Grounds Keeper - Unicoi State Park & Lodge
Unicoi State Park & Lodge is one of Georgia's premier state parks located within the north Georgia mountains in the quaint town of Helen.
Unicoi is a beautiful park and perfect for the nature lover!! With wonderful and great accommodations surrounded by nature's playground, we couldn't help but create great experiences that only enhance our guests' getaway. From paddle board courses and s'mores with stories around the campfire to fly fishing classes and guided hikes, we have something that all of our guest's will enjoy. Our newest attraction is the Adventure Lodge, which hosts a variety of activities to include zip lines, archery ranges, and a shooting range.
At Unicoi, we take pride in delivering the absolute finest in Lodging and Park experiences for our guests. Our core values are:
- Do the Right Thing
- Decide to be Great
- Take Pride
- Memories Matter
- We begins with Me
- CoralCares (philanthropic program)
COME AND JOIN OUR AMAZING TEAM!!! Please visit our website at www.unicoilodge.com.
We are managed by the Southeast's premiere hospitality management company, Coral Hospitality.
We are looking for a hard-working Grounds Keeper. Under the direct supervision of the
Chief Engineer, this position assists general landscaping around the Lodge in accordance with standards at Unicoi State Park & Lodge.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Mow Lawns.
- Edge Lawns and Walkways.
- Poison and Pull Weeds.
- Prune Hedges.
- Trim Trees/Coconut Trees, using specified equipment.
- Rake Leaves.
- Clean Planters/Planter Boxes.
- Haul Rubbish.
- Clean and Replace Compactor.
- Fertilize Lawn.
- Propagate Cuttings.
- Replant Areas, as directed by Chief Engineer or General Manager.
- Reinstall Irrigation System for new planted areas.
- Sweep Walkways and Parking Lots.
- Care for established landscape by mulching, aerating, weeding, trimming and edging around flower beds, sidewalks and buildings.
- Prune and trim trees, shrubs and hedges.
- Monitor and maintain irrigation system.
- Maintain and repair tools and equipment.
- Make recommendations for plant removal or additions where necessary.
- Pick up and dispose of litter.
- Operate landscaping equipment, such as; commercial lawnmower, edger, weed whacker, hedge clippers, chain saw, blower, etc.
- Must be willing to assist maintenance crew with projects on an as needed basis.
- Assists with unloading or work trucks and delivery trucks.
- Assists with site setup of plant materials.
- Ensures that job site staging area is clean and organized.
- Uses all installation tools according to company safety policy.
- Document maintenance needs on work orders and submit to General Manager.
- All other duties assigned by the Chief Engineer or General Manager.
EXPERIENCE: Six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
PAY: $8-9 per hour and will be based on experience
Must be able to lift 50 lbs, follow direction, work a flexible schedule (including weekends & holidays).
Unicoi State Park & Lodge is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, disability,sexual orientation, or veteran status,or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
Pre-employment background screening will be conducted. DFWP/EEO/AA/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans