Park & Hotel Lodge Manager (General Manager)
Coral Hospitality GA, LLC, one of the top management companies in the hospitality industry, is currently searching for an extraordinary General Manager for the George T. Bagby State Park & Lodge located in Fort Gaines, Georgia! We offer a culture that focuses on teamwork and high levels of customer service with an environment that empowers our team members to exceed guests' expectations. Our ideal candidate is an engaged, hands-on leader, who develops his team to deliver outstanding results.
Surrounded by live oaks and situated on the 48,000 acre Walter F George Lake, George T. Bagby State Park & Lodge is a charming destination for a relaxing getaway. Golfers are challenged by the acclaimed Meadow Links Golf Course, recognized as one of the best public courses in the South. Families can spend enjoyable time hiking, swimming in the private pool, playing tennis, gathering within a picnic shelter and enjoying the lake. Accommodations include 60 rooms in the lodge, as well as five fully equipped cabins. A full-service restaurant serves traditional Southern meals. Please visit our website at www.georgetbagbylodge.com.
Summary: Under the direct supervision of Senior Vice President of Operations, this position will oversee the day-to-day management of the property with responsibility for leading all aspects of George T. Bagby State Park & Lodge, to include guest and employee satisfaction, financial performance, sales and revenue generation, and delivering a satisfactory return on investment to ownership. The General Manager will also be responsible for successfully integrating the establishment of all set brand standards with the development of the brand’s culture.
- Ensures brand initiatives are implemented to meet or exceed guest, employee, and financial expectations.
- Continuously challenges the team to improve operations, and ensure compliance with brand standards to protect brand integrity.
- Selects, develops, and retains a diverse leadership team capable of delivering the expected performance contributions and with growth potential.
- Focuses the team on delivering services and products to meet or exceed guest expectations, create customer loyalty, and grow market share.
- Builds relationships with key customers.
- Drives the optimum delivery of Food & Beverage service, menu options, culture, and revenue based upon established brand standards.
- Ensures sales and marketing strategies are developed and executed in all revenue producing areas, and that all sales engines are leveraged.
- Drives key customer relationships through personal involvement in the sales process.
- Continuously promotes occupancy, revenue per available/occupied room, and market share growth to ensure the financial health of the property.
- Oversees the annual operating budget to achieve or exceed budget expectations for the property.
- Ensures successful performance by maximizing profitability and providing a return on investment for the owner.
- Serves as the principal interface with property ownership. Develops a trusting and respectful business partnership with property ownership by communicating effectively, managing expectations and delivering solid business results.
- Builds key relationships in the local community and acts as the voice of brand and ownership in the market.
- Provides influential leadership and active participation in associations and within the local hotel community.
- Provide excellent training and a positive work environment for all staff in accordance with accepted brand standards.
- Provide first class Guest service in accordance with established guidelines and brand standards.
- Support and live by the team member handbook.
- Protect Hotel assets.
- Provide a safe and sanitary environment for Employees and Guests.
- Performs other activities as assigned by the Senior Vice President of Operations
- 2+ years as General Manager
- 7+ years hotel experience with focus of Food and Beverage Operations and Sales & Marketing
- Software including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office, Excel, and Word
- Hotel PMS experience required
- Effective written and verbal communication skills exercising professionalism, tact and diplomacy
Job salary and benefits:
- $50,000, plus on-site housing (a nice 3/2 house).
- Bonus target up to 10%, but not capped. If you perform well, bonus could be higher.
- Medical – employer contribution 90% for employee & family (Blue Cross)
- Dental – employer contribution 90% for employee & family (Guardian)
- Vision – available, no employer contribution but rates are very reasonable (VSP Vision)
- Ancillary benefits available such as Life insurance, STD, LTD, Allstate products (like Aflac)
George T. Bagby State Park & Lodge is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.