Banquet Setup - Little Ocmulgee State Park and Lodge
GREAT 2ND INCOME JOB OFFERING SCHEDULE FLEXIBILITY-GREAT OPPORTUNITY FOR SCHOOL AGE PARENTS TO EARN WHILE WAITING ON THEM TO COME HOME! MORNING & EVENING AVAILABILITY!
EXPERIENCE: Attention to detail is required. This is a physical job involving the moving and set up of tables and chairs in meeting rooms.
Coral Hospitality , one of the top management companies in the hospitality industry, is currently searching for a Banquet Server for Little Ocmulgee State Park in Helena (McRae), Georgia! We offer a culture that focuses on teamwork and high levels of customer service with an environment that empowers our team members to exceed guests' expectations. Our ideal candidate will be engaged, hands-on, and prepared to operate a "best in class" resort! We are a full service Resort offering: food & beverage, lodging, championship golf course, catering, conferences, recreation and much more!
Summary: This position is responsible for set-up and take down of our banquet rooms at Little Ocmulgee State Park by performing the following duties.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily including the lifting and carrying of tables and chairs in excess of 50 pounds. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Understands Banquet Event Order (BEO) and how to complete a room set-up as instructed and has the ability to work independently.
- Sets tables and chairs in assigned rooms (or will check to see if they have been set up) correctly and uniformly using clean pressed linen (without stains or tears), and clean, unspotted glassware. Properly clean and fill table complements (salt and pepper, sugar, etc.) according to the BEO.
- Maintains the banquet equipment and storage areas for cleanliness and orderliness.
- Assists the Servers in breaking down buffets or other special food service tables and equipment.
- Sets up and or breaks down coffee breaks, receptions, other special functions as assigned.
- Completes all cleaning assignments.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer Service –Adheres to the Coral Hospitality Basics of Service standards.
- Interpersonal Skills – Listens to others without interrupting.
- Teamwork – Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect.
- Professionalism – Follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Works quickly.
- Safety – Observes safety procedures.
- Adaptability – Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; asks for and offers help when needed.
Education and/or Experience: The ability for follow verbal and/or written instructions.
Language Skills: Ability to read a limited number of two and three syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Physical Demands The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms’ climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. In performing the job duties the employee will be exposed to an outdoor environment.
Little Ocmulgee State Park and Lodge is an equal opportunity employers committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining aninclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration foremployment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender (includingpregnancy), age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status,or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
Pre-employment background screening will beconducted. DFWP/EEO/AA/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans