Line Cook -Little Ocmulgee State Park and Lodge
Coral Hospitality , one of the top management companies in the hospitality industry, is currently searching for a hardworking Line Cook for the Little Ocmulgee Lodge located in McRae-Helena, Georgia! We offer a culture that focuses on teamwork and high levels of customer service with an environment that empowers our team members to exceed guests' expectations. Our ideal candidate will be engaged, hands-on, and prepared to operate a "best in class" dining operation! Little Ocmulgee Lodge has 60 rooms, 10 cabins and a modern Conference Center located on 1,360 beautiful acres. Amenities include: restaurant, bar, swimming pool, splash pad, camping, biking, 18 hole-golf course, canoe rental, fishing and family/children’s programs.
Summary: Under the supervision of the Kitchen Manager, this position preps, cooks soups, meats, vegetables, desserts, and other food items following standardized recipes for the Fairway Grill or other outlets located at Little Ocmulgee Lodge and Park.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Hours and days: Typically Monday through Sunday with varying hours.
- Follows prep standards and maintains the work environment in a clean and orderly fashion adhering to all health department and company standards.
- Follows standardized recipes to prepare menu items with a consistent look, presentation, and taste.
- Uses standard commercial kitchen equipment safely and continually cleans and maintains the work area.
- Uses tools provided to properly prepare orders.
- Works with other cooks or utility personnel to maintain the entire kitchen to company standards.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Customer Service –Adheres to the Coral Hospitality Basics of Service standards.
· Interpersonal Skills – Listens to others without interrupting.
· Teamwork – Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
· Ethics – Treats people with respect.
· Professionalism – Follows through on commitments.
· Quality – Monitors own work to ensure quality.
· Quantity - Works quickly.
· Safety – Observes safety procedures.
· Adaptability – Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
· Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
· Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
· Initiative – Volunteers readily; asks for and offers help when needed.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Employee should be ServeSafe certified or obtain the certification at the employees expense within 90 days of employment.
Language Skills: Ability to communicate with other staff through verbal, written or other methods. Must be able to follow written recipes although accommodation will be made as needed and upon notification of management by the employee.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Physical Demands: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms’ climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Little Ocmulgee State Park and Lodge is an equal opportunity employers committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
Pre-employment background screening will be conducted. DFWP/EEO/AA/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans