Breakfast Cook - Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa
Salary: $10.00 - $12.00 (depending on experience)
Experience: 1+ yr breakfast line cook experience preferred, detail oriented & organized, GREAT GUEST SERVICE SKILLS
CREATING MEMORIES THRU FOOD! JOIN THE TEAM THAT EXCELS! ASK ABOUT OUR HIRING BONUS!
Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, located in Young Harris, GA is currently searching for a hardworking Breakfast Line Cook. We offer a culture that focuses on teamwork and high levels of customer service with an environment that empowers our team members to exceed guests' expectations. Our ideal candidate will be engaged, hands-on, and prepared to operate a "best in class" resort! Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa has 104 rooms and cabins. We are a full service Resort offering: food & beverage, lodging, championship golf course, upscale spa, stables, catering, conferences, hiking, tennis, recreation and much more! We are managed by the Southeast's premiere hospitality management company, Coral Hospitality.
Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Executive Chef, this position prepares, seasons, and cooks breakfast and lunch items, set up and man action stations such as craving, making omelets, etc. for Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may b made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Reads menu to estimate food requirements and procures food from the store room, following the Resort’s requisitioning program.
- Adjusts thermostat controls to regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, roasters, and steam kettles.
- Measures and mixes ingredients according to recipe.
- Bakes, roasts, broils, and steams meat, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Adds seasoning to foods during mixing or cooking.
- Observes and tests foods being cooked by tasting, smelling, and using other acceptable practices.
- Carves meats, portions food on serving plates, adds gravies and sauces, and garnishes servings to fill orders.
- Washes, peels, cuts, and shreds vegetables and fruits to prepare them for use.
- Butchers and prepares for cooking all meat products.
- Follows all ServSafe food handling and sanitation procedures.
- Knowledgeable of Banquet Event Orders (BEOs).
- Knowledgeable of handling food allergies and dieting preferences.
- Controls food waste and loss.
- Ensures all foods prepared are the highest quality and appearance in accordance with approved recipes.
- Eliminates safety hazards and reports all injuries and accidents.
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of all work surfaces, coolers, floors and equipment in work area.
- Properly rotates, labels and dates all foods for use and/or storage.
- Prepares orders as per ticket from server. Handle any special requests of guests in a positive manner.
- Provides a positive work environment between departments.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer Service –Adheres to the Coral Hospitality Basics of Service standards.
- Interpersonal Skills – Listens to others without interrupting.
- Teamwork – Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect.
- Professionalism – Follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Works quickly.
- Safety – Observes safety procedures.
- Adaptability – Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; asks for and offers help when needed.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read a limited number of two and three syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Physical Demands: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms’ climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and have an excellent sense of taste and smell.
Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status,or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
Pre-employment background screening will be conducted. DFWP/EEO/AA/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans