Executive Chef - Amicalola Falls State Park & Lodge
CREATING MEMORIES THROUGH FOOD! We are searching for a hands on, hard working, talented Executive Chef who wants to lead our culinary team to excellence!
Amicalola Falls State Park & Lodge, located in Dawsonville, GA is one of Georgia's greatest natural treasures! With a 729 ft. picturesque water fall and the starting point for those hikers going North on the Appalachian Trail, we offer camping, hiking, food & beverage, lodging, zip lines, adventure park with guided hikes, birds of prey, archery and much, much more.
We are managed by the Southeast's premiere hospitality management company, Coral Hospitality.
Under the direct supervision of the Food & Beverage Director, this position coordinates the activities and directs training of chefs, cooks, and other kitchen workers engaged in preparing and cooking foods to ensure an efficient and profitable food service by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should perform the following essential functions of the position:
- Maintains good quality products and presentations according to company standards; i.e., uses records and recipe cards
- Assures food production consistently exceeds member and guest expectations
- Supervises all food preparations for the Restaurants and Banquets
- Maintains purchasing, receiving and food storage standards; conducts food cost control inventories
- Estimates production needs on a daily and weekly basis
- Maintains high sanitation standards for food handling and equipment maintenance
- Conducts monthly sanitation and safety inspections with the Sous Chef
- Implement training to increase employee’s knowledge of food production, presentation and proper sanitation
- Implement safety training and accident prevention practices
- Assists in development of annual operation budget
- Develops menu selection and format with the Sous Chef, Food & Beverage Manager/Supervisor and General Manager
- Coordinates with Engineering to ensure that preventative maintenance programs are in effect, and for follow up on pending work orders, firefighting and accident prevention, and periodical servicing of equipment
- Prepares weekly schedule based on business forecast and budget
- Coordinates with the Food & Beverage Manager/Supervisor for catering procedures and Banquet Event Orders (BEO’s)
- Adheres to the state and local health and safety regulations
- Plans menus and utilization of food surpluses and leftovers, taking into account probable number of guests, marketing conditions, popularity of various dishes, and frequency of menu changes
- Estimates food consumption and purchases or requisitions foodstuffs and kitchen supplies
- Reviews menus, analyzes recipes, determines food, labor, and overhead costs, and assigns prices to menu items
- Supervises cooking and other kitchen personnel and coordinates their assignments to ensure economical and timely food production
- Observes methods of food preparation and cooking, sizes of portions, and garnishing of foods to ensure food is prepared in prescribed manner
- Devises special dishes and develops recipes
- Familiarizes newly hired chefs and cooks with practices of kitchen and oversees training of cook apprentices
- Establishes and enforces nutrition and sanitation standards
- Polished professional appearance and presentation
- EXPERIENCE: extensive cooking and production experience, minimum 10 years work in food preparation, 5 years in supervisory/Sous Chef position in a large kitchen.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises 10 to 15 employees in the Kitchen Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
PAY: Based on experience
BENEFITS: Competitive group and company benefit plan including: vacation, sick, health, dental, vision, 401k benefits and much more!
Pre-employment background screening will be conducted. DFWP/EEO/AA/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans