Line Cook (Part-Time)- George T Bagby State Park & Lodge
George T. Bagby State Park & Lodge, located in Fort Gaines, GA is currently searching for a hardworking Line Cook. We offer a culture that focuses on teamwork and high levels of customer service with an environment that empowers our team members to exceed guests' expectations. Our ideal candidate will be engaged, hands-on, and prepared to operate a "best in class" resort!
We are managed by the Southeast's premiere hospitality management company, Coral Hospitality.
Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Kitchen Manager/Chef, this position is responsible for the cleanliness of the kitchen, washing of dishes/pots/pans, assisting cooks where needed, trash removal and following all sanitation guidelines.
Hours and days: Hours and shifts vary depending on property’s needs. Candidates must be able to work days, nights, weekends and/or holidays.
Pay Rate: $8.00 to $11.00 per hour depending on experience.
· Reads menu to estimate food requirements and assists Chef with ordering food from supplier or procures food from storage
· Adjusts thermostat controls to regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, roasters, and steam kettles
· Measures and mixes ingredients according to recipe to prepare soups, salads, gravies, desserts, sauces, and casseroles
· Bakes, roasts, broils, and steams meat, fish, vegetables, and other foods
· Adds seasoning to foods during mixing or cooking
· Cook food on line. Observes and tests foods being cooked by tasting, smelling, and piercing with fork to determine that it is cooked
· Carves meats, portions food on serving plates, adds gravies and sauces, and garnishes servings to fill orders
· Washes, peels, cuts, and shreds vegetables and fruits to prepare them for use
· Butchers chickens, fish, and shellfish
· Cuts, trims, and bones meat prior to cooking
· Bakes bread, rolls, cakes, and pastry. Keep a clean and sanitize work station at all time
· Put away stock as needed
· Take out garbage as needed
· Cook and prep for group functions (banquets, buffets, etc.)
· Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to Chef and/or General Manager
· Participates in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
· Handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
· Performs other duties as assigned by the Chef and General Manager
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Customer Service –Adheres to the Coral Hospitality Basics of Service standards.
· Interpersonal Skills – Listens to others without interrupting.
· Teamwork – Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
· Ethics – Treats people with respect.
· Professionalism – Follows through on commitments.
· Quality – Monitors own work to ensure quality.
· Quantity - Works quickly.
· Safety – Observes safety procedures.
· Adaptability – Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
· Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
· Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
· Initiative – Volunteers readily; asks for and offers help when needed.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three to six (3-6) months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. WILLING TO TRAIN!
George T. Bagby State Park & Lodge is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
Pre-employment background screening will be conducted. DFWP/EEO/AA/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans