Housekeeper - Lake Blackshear Resort
Georgia Veterans State Park & Lake Blackshear Resort, located in Cordele, GA is one of Georgia's most visited recreational treasurers. Located on the waters of Lake Blackshear, the park offers lodging, 2 restaurants, golf, marina with boat rental, conference services, camping, hiking, archery and much, much more.
We are managed by the Southeast's premiere hospitality management company, Coral Hospitality.
We are looking for a Room and Public Area Attendants. This position promotes a positive image of the property to guests and must be pleasant, honest, friendly and should also able to address guest requests and problems. A smile is part of the uniform of all employees!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Cleans rooms, hallways and restrooms.
- Sweeps/vacuums carpets.
- Empties outside ashtrays and urns.
- Polishes furniture and fixtures.
- Vacuums and polishes elevators and cleans elevator tracks.
- Keeps the front of the hotel and walkways/sidewalks free from trash.
- Cleans rugs, carpets and upholstered furniture using a vacuum cleaner, broom and/or shampoo machine.
- Washes walls and ceilings, moves and arranges furniture, and turns mattresses.
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, waxes, and polishes floors.
- Dusts and polishes metal work.
- Collects solid linen supplies in floor linen closets.
- Maintains housekeeping carts.
- Removes trash collected by room attendants.
- Cleans employee areas including break rooms and restrooms.
- Responsible for upkeep of all the equipment used i.e., Vacuum cleaner, trolleys, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining a time schedule for cleaning of their areas.
- Responsible for spring cleaning of their area as per the schedule given.
- Authorized to enter into offices for maintenance or other activities like pest control, shampooing of carpet etc.
- Cleans windows and window sills.
- Assists housekeeping staff in guest rooms or laundry as needed as directed by Housekeeping Supervisor.
PREREQUISITES: Please do not apply unless you have one (1) year or more hotel housekeeping experience. Physical mobility and stamina required. Ability to follow instructions. Detail-oriented. Professional and pleasant attitude is required. Ability to work independently. Must be able to push, pull, move, or lift up to 25 lbs. Previous hotel-related experience desired but not required.
Georgia Veterans State Park and Lake Blackshear Resort is an equal opportunity employers\ committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, disability,sexual orientation, or veteran status,or any other status or characteristic protected by law.