Activities Coordinator - Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa
PLAN ON STOPPING BY OUR GOLF JOB FAIR ON MONDAY, FEBRUARY 24, 2020, 3:00 - 6:00! WE WILL BE SET UP OUTSIDE THE PRO SHOP. WE LOOK FORWARD TO MEETING YOU!
Do you like planning activities for adults and children? Are you comfortable with creating and ensuring the financial success of the program? Do you have experience in planning activities? Are you looking for an opportunity to demonstrate your ability and/or experience to solicit, plan, coordinate, service events that are not the normal party planning?
The ideal candidate will be outgoing, detail oriented, articulate and a good written and verbal communicator, comfortable with social media and computer literate, enjoy recreational activities as well as team building and group activities. Additionally, this candidate will be responsible for the cleanliness and orderliness of the pool, fitness center, locker rooms and emporium. This candidate will see the value of this position as a possible avenue into event planning.
EXPERIENCE: Previous event/activities/recreational planning preferred.
SALARY: $10-$13/hr commensurate with experience. The position participates in an incentive program that could generate an additional $2-$3/hr for the right individual.
BENEFITS: This position participates in a group and company benefits plan, as well as, our unique discount amenity program.
Coral Hospitality , one of the top management companies in the hospitality industry, is currently searching for a hardworking Activities Coordinator for Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa located in Young Harris, Georgia! We offer a culture that focuses on teamwork and high levels of customer service with an environment that empowers our team members to exceed guests' expectations. Our ideal candidate will be engaged, hands-on, and prepared to operate a "best in class" resort! Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa has 134 rooms and cabins. We are a full service Resort offering: food & beverage, lodging, championship golf course, upscale spa, stables,catering, conferences, hiking, tennis, recreation and much more!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creating and implementing programming for resort guests and in house groups.
- Generating revenue by selling, scheduling and posting sales.
- Working with sales managers to tailor programming to the needs of guests and groups
- Working with his/her supervisor to generate weekly programming fliers as well as holiday packets
- Maintaining the consistent cleanliness of the Health Club facilities,proper supply levels and communicating any maintenance issues. This includes the pool, fitness room and locker rooms.
- Compensation is on an hourly scale. There is a shared service charge for the events implemented by the Rec. Coordinator, which has the potential for very positive additional income streams.
- Reports directly to the Director of Golf, who oversees Golf, Memberships and the Health Club.
- Must be available weekend, holidays and early evenings to meet business levels.
- Ensure the safety of all swimmers, guests, and health club members using recreational facilities.
- Ensure that the pool is ready to open on time.
- Ensure that all mechanical functions run smoothly, report to engineering if necessary.
- Ensure that all reports are kept up-to-date.
- Train and direct staff.
- Schedule attendants to ensure proper pool coverage during hours of operation.
- Maintain a well stocked first aid kit, train attendants in proper hotel accident procedures.
- Maintain accurate inventories of all supplies and chemicals and turn in reports at the end of each period.
- Maintain up-to-date certification in pool operation and in CPR.
- Work to increase membership where applicable.
Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa is an equal opportunity employers committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status,or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
Pre-employment background screening will be conducted.