BARTENDER - Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa
AWESOME OPPORTUNITY TO JOIN A SUCCESSFUL, EXCEPTIONAL TEAM! WE OFFER STABILITY, YEAR AROUND EMPLOYMENT, PROFESSIONAL GROWTH, TRAINING, FUN AND MUCH MORE! WILLING TO TRAIN INDIVIDUALS WHO HAVE SERVER EXPERIENCE!
SALARY: $4.50/HR + TIPS (Current staff is averaging $18-20/hr including base wage!)
HIRING BONUS: $600
Coral Hospitality , one of the top management companies in the hospitality industry, is currently searching for a seasoned Bartender for Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa located in Young Harris, Georgia! We offer a culture that focuses on teamwork and high levels of customer service with an environment that empowers our team members to exceed guests' expectations. Our ideal candidate will be engaged, hands-on, and prepared to operate a "best in class" resort! Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa is a 500 acres full-service with 134 rooms & cabins, food & beverage, upscale spa, 18-hole championship golf course, stables, hiking, tennis, recreation and much more!
Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Outlets Manager this position mixes and serves alcoholic and nonalcoholic drinks to patrons of bar for Lake Blackshear Resort by performing the following duties.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Takes orders from customers.
· Mixes ingredients such as liquor, soda, water, sugar, and bitters to prepare cocktails and other drinks.
· Serves wine and draft or bottled beer.
· Collects money for drinks served.
· Orders or requisitions liquors and supplies.
· Arranges bottles and glasses to make attractive display.
· Slices and pits fruit for garnishing drinks.
· Prepares appetizers such as pickles, cheese, and cold meats.
· Replenishes bar snacks such as chips, pretzels, and nuts.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Customer Service –Adheres to the Coral Hospitality Basics of Service standards.
· Interpersonal Skills – Listens to others without interrupting.
· Teamwork – Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
· Ethics – Treats people with respect.
· Professionalism – Follows through on commitments.
· Quality – Monitors own work to ensure quality.
· Quantity - Works quickly.
· Safety – Observes safety procedures.
· Adaptability – Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
· Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
· Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
· Initiative – Volunteers readily; asks for and offers help when needed.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read a limited number of two and three syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Physical Demands: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms’ climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa is an equal opportunity employers committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
Pre-employment background screening will be conducted. DFWP/EEO/AA/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans