Banquet Captain - Amicalola Falls State Park & Lodge
Amicalola Falls State Park & Lodge, located in Dawsonville, GA is one of Georgia's greatest natural treasures! With a 729 ft. picturesque water fall and the starting point for those hikers going North on the Appalachian Trail, we offer camping, hiking, food & beverage, lodging, zip lines, adventure park with guided hikes, birds of prey, archery and much, much more.
We are managed by the Southeast's premiere hospitality management company, Coral Hospitality.
We are looking for a Friendly & Out-Going Full Time Banquet Captain with 1-3 years experience.
Salary: $11.00 an hour commensurate with experience
To perform the job successfully, an individual should perform the following essential functions of the position:
- Receives room function assignments and discusses last minute changes
- Ensures all functions are posted correctly on the sign boards at the entrance to the conference rooms
- Checks in servers, assigns stations and pre-post function side work
- Ensures staff is well groomed and in proper attire. Fully briefs staff for the function
- Inspects table place settings, including table linen, china, glass, silverware and condiments for the correct placement by set-up crew and ensure each element is clean, undamaged and attractive. Checks cleanliness of function room
- Ensures proper setting of buffet tables and other food service tables used for catering functions. Ensures that all scheduled functions are on time and according to the plan. All employees and functions rooms are ready 20 minutes prior to the start of the function
- Oversees all Servers on the floor and service received by the guest throughout each function assigned. Oversees cleaning and post function clean up. Checks Servers out, making sure function rooms, aisle, and storage areas are clean and equipment is cleaned and properly stored. Ensures trash is placed in dumpster
- Ensures all china, glassware and silverware is properly separated, stacked and/or racked for delivery to dish washing area. Returns all left over food to the main kitchen for disposal or recovery
- Acquires accurate count after guests are seated for plating and preparation. Maintains constant communication with Kitchen to ensure complete, effective communication between food production and food service
- Assists in the planning stages for larger events or holidays. Uses diagrams and duty sheets to assign set up and Guest Service responsibilities
- Conducts Server training as needed, either one-on-one or in groups in classroom style. Trains and develops back up personnel for the position of Banquet Captain
- Oversees the handling, storage, and security of all catering service equipment
- Holds pre-function lineups with Banquet staff
- Maintains constant communication with guest to ensure guest expectation have been met.
- Attends BEO and other meetings as required
- Verifies staffing level for the next shift and next day’s business
- Ensures all rental equipment (linens, silverware, etc.) is accounted for and in desired area.
- Greets all event contacts in a professional manner
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, high energy, and physically demanding environment
- Must be able to spend 90% of working time standing, walking, and reaching and 10% of working time sitting Pushing, pulling and lifting objects from a lower to higher position or moving objects horizontally, from position to position
- Feeling or grasping objects of different size and shape
- Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling while walking, standing or crouching in narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces
- Will be required to use physical capabilities including climbing and ascending or descending ladders, stairs, and ramps
- Must be able to carry loads greater than 35 pounds and exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently
- Must be able to communicate clearly with our guests in the primary language of the specific location (Primarily English)
- Hearing sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction
- Specific vision abilities include close, distance, color, peripheral, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
- Exposed to weather conditions and prevalent temperature changes
- Subject to moderate to high ambient noise levels
- Frequently required to function in narrow aisles or passageways
The best candidate for this position will demonstrate a good work ethic, dependability, teamwork and a willingness to learn.