Recreation Coordinator - Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa
Coral Hospitality , one of the top management companies in the hospitality industry, is currently searching for a hardworking Recreation Coordinator for Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa located in Young Harris, Georgia! We offer a culture that focuses on teamwork and high levels of customer service with an environment that empowers our team members to exceed guests' expectations. Our ideal candidate will be engaged, hands-on, and prepared to operate a "best in class" resort! Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa has 104 rooms and cabins. We are a full service Resort offering: food & beverage, lodging, championship golf course, upscale spa, stables,catering, conferences, hiking, tennis, recreation and much more!
Under the direction of the Director of Golf, this position is responsible for the upkeep of the recreation areas and health club. This position also works closely with the sales team in the planning of team building events, outings for guests, revenue generating programs, and special events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creating and implementing programming for resort guests andin house groups.
- Generating revenue by selling, scheduling and posting sales.
- Working with sales managers to tailor programming to theneeds of guests and groups
- Working with his/her supervisor to generate weeklyprogramming fliers as well as holiday packets
- Maintaining the consistent cleanliness of the Health Club facilities,proper supply levels and communicating any maintenance issues. This includesthe pool, fitness room and locker rooms.
- Compensation is on an hourly scale. There is a sharedservice charge for the events implemented by the Rec. Coordinator, which hasthe potential for very positive additional income streams.
- Reports directly to the Director ofGolf, who oversees Golf, Memberships and the Health Club.
- Must be available weekend, holidays andearly evenings to meet business levels.
- Ensure the safety of all swimmers, guests, and health club members using recreational facilities.
- Ensure that the pool is ready to open on time.
- Ensure that all mechanical functions run smoothly, report to engineering if necessary.
- Ensure that all reports are kept up-to-date.
- Train and direct staff.
- Schedule attendants to ensure proper pool coverage during hours of operation.
- Maintain a well stocked first aid kit, train attendants in proper hotel accident procedures.
- Maintain accurate inventories of all supplies and chemicals and turn in reports at the end of each period.
- Maintain up-to-date certification in pool operation and in CPR.
- Work to increase membership where applicable.
Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa is an equal opportunity employers committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status,or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
Pre-employment background screening will be conducted. DFWP/EEO/AA/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans