Housekeeping Manager - Amicalola Falls State Park & Lodge
EXPERIENCE: 2+ YRS in a Housekeeping Leadership position, preferably in a Hotel/Resort or similar background, demonstrated success in leading a diverse, hard working team through training, hands on involvement and team building
Amicalola Falls State Park & Lodge, located in Dawsonville, GA is one of Georgia's greatest natural treasures! With a 729 ft. picturesque water fall and the starting point for those hikers going North on the Appalachian Trail, we offer camping, hiking, food & beverage, lodging, zip lines, adventure park with guided hikes, birds of prey, archery and much, much more.
We are managed by the Southeast's premiere hospitality management company, Coral Hospitality.
Salary: $34,000 plus bonus plan
Benefits: Eligible for both company and group benefits.
Summary: Under the direct supervision of the General Manager, the Housekeeping Manager directs and coordinates the activities of the Housekeeping Department at Amicalola Falls State Park & Lodge by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
Education/Experience: Associate’sdegree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or oneyear to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combinationof education and experience.
Supervisory Duties: Directly supervises 10-15 employees in the Housekeeping Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Establishes standards and procedures for work of housekeeping and laundry associates.
- Plans work schedules to ensure adequate service.
- Inspects and evaluates physical condition of the lodge rooms and cabins.
- Submits to management recommendations for painting, repairs, and furnishings.
- Oversees the annual Housekeeping and Laundry operations budget to achieve or exceed budget expectations for the department.
- Periodically inventories supplies and equipment.
- Keep accurate record of expenditures.
- Ensure Purchase Orders are expedited according to proper procedures while adhering to the budget.
- Investigates new and improved cleaning instruments and methods.
- Assists in the supervision of all associates in the housekeeping and laundry organization to include: hiring, firing, corrective action/discipline, and performance evaluations for direct reports.
- Provide excellent training and a positive work environment for all housekeeping and laundry associates in accordance with accepted brand standards.
- Provide first class Guest service in accordance with established guidelines and brand standards.
- Support and live by the team member handbook.
- Protect Lodge assets.
- Provide a safe and sanitary environment for Employees and Guests.
- Maintains proper staffing in all applicable areas.
- Maintains all equipment and supply inventory.
- Helps identify and train appropriate shift personnel to solve minor problems with the computer system.
- Ensures that each guest receives prompt and courteous reception and service.
- Schedules department representation for pre-con meetings, as needed.
- Ensures all Accounting policies and procedures are adhered to.
Amicalola Falls State Park & Lodge is an equalopportunity employers committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining aninclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration foremployment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender (includingpregnancy), age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status,or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
Pre-employment background screening will beconducted. DFWP/EEO/AA/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans