Food and Beverage Director-Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, Georiga
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years experience in an upper leadership role with hands on management experience in the major disciplines of this position - dining, fine dining, culinary, conference services, banquets, beverage - with responsibility and accountability for financial/budgetary responsibilities, staffing/labor controls, cost controls, quality of products & services, training management team and staff, revenue generation, etc. This experience is preferred in a hotel/resort environment.
Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, located in Young Harris, Georgia, is looking for an extraordinary Food and Beverage Director! We offer a culture that focuses on teamwork and high levels of customer service with an environment that empowers our team members to exceed guests' expectations. Our ideal candidate will be engaged, hands-on, and prepared to operate a "best in class" resort!
Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa has 134 rooms and cabins. We are a full service Resort offering: food & beverage, lodging, championship golf course, upscale spa, stables, catering, conferences, hiking, tennis, recreation and much more! We are managed by the Southeast's premiere hospitality management company, Coral Hospitality.
Summary: Under the direct supervision of the General Manager, this position directs and coordinates activities for all food service facilities at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
- Meets or exceeds budgeted financial goals.
- Understands all opening and closing procedures for the Resort.
- Has a full understanding of all computerized programs in Food and Beverage.
- Designs, promotes, and executes all F&B related events and activities for the Resort (Banquets).
- Prepares and administers annual budgets for F&B operation.
- Purchases all related supplies for the F&B operation excluding food.
- Supervises all food and beverage supervisors and staff, assists where needed.
- Provides training and a positive work environment for all F&B personnel.
- Interprets and enforces all Resort rules and regulations.
- Provides world class guest service in accordance with established guidelines and standards.
- Works closely and professionally with the General Manager to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Provides a safe and sanitary environment for guests and employees.
- Responsible for the interviewing and hiring of all F&B personnel.
- Responsible for maintaining adequate inventories of all operating supplies.
- Shops competitive resorts and restaurants to keep abreast of current trends.
- Responsible for food & beverage inventory and maintaining proper inventory levels.
- Reviews menus and pricing with all concerned parties on a quarterly basis.
- Implements and executes all Coral Hospitality SOPS and accounting programs.
- Ensure all annual evaluations for F&B personnel are completed in a timely manner.
- Maintains a smooth running resort in the General Manager’s absence.
- Abides by the employee handbook.
- Monitors and maintains revenue reports on a daily basis to ensure accurate record keeping.
- Protects resort assets.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises the employees within the Food and Beverage Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma required. Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in hotel management or similar (preferred), plus 5+ years work experience in all facets of hotel/restaurant operations, or equivalent combination of education and experience required. 3+ years in a managerial roll, preferred.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer Service–Adheres to the Coral Hospitality Basics of Service standards. Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills – Maintains confidentiality; Keeps emotions under control.
- Teamwork– Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Ethics– Treats people with respect.
- Professionalism– Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality– Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity- Works quickly.
- Safety – Observes safety and security procedures.
- Planning/Organizing- Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
- Adaptability– Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality- Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability- Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily.
Job salary and benefits
Salary range $85,000 - $95,000 based on experience and qualifications
Qualifies for our comprehensive group and company benefits, as well as, resort discount program.
Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
Pre-employment background screening will be conducted. DFWP/EEO/AA/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans