Housekeeper - Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa
PAY: $8.50 per hour + incentive program
EXPERIENCE: Willing to Train
BENEFITS: Group Benefits (medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, Voluntary Life, Legal) Ancilliary Benefits (Allstate & AFLAC), Company Benefits (vacation, sick, holiday paid time off), 401l, Resort Amenity Discount Program, uniform, FREE Lunch, and much more!
Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, located in Young Harris, GA is currently searching for a hardworking Housekeepers. We offer a culture that focuses on teamwork and high levels of customer service with an environment that empowers our team members to exceed guests' expectations. Our ideal candidate will be engaged, hands-on, and prepared to operate a "best in class" resort! Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa has 104 rooms and cabins. We are a full service Resort offering: food & beverage, lodging, championship golf course, upscale spa, stables, catering, conferences, hiking, tennis, recreation and much more!
We are managed by the Southeast's premiere hospitality management company, Coral Hospitality.
Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Housekeeping Supervisor, this position ensures clean, orderly, and attractive conditions for Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sorts, folds, and carries linens.
- Changes linens and makes bed properly and according to standards.
- Restocks cart and empties vacuum cleaners.
- Follows accounting and re-stocking procedures for in-room amenities.
- Replenish room supplies such as drinking glasses and writing supplies.
- Cleans rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture and draperies.
- Dusts furniture.
- Washes walls, ceilings and woodwork.
- Washes windows, door panels and sills.
- Empties wastebaskets.
- Replenishes bathroom supplies.
- Replaces light bulbs.
- Transports trash and waste to disposal area.
- Follows all Lost & Found procedures with guest items left behind.
- Cleans bathrooms, including the shower curtain, walls, mirrors, tub, toilet and floor.
- Cleans under and behind bed.
- Cleans closet area. Replaces iron and ironing board; cleans items as needed.
- Makes a final check to ensure all items are in the room.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer Service –Adheres to the Coral Hospitality Basics of Service standards.
- Interpersonal Skills – Listens to others without interrupting.
- Teamwork – Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect.
- Professionalism – Follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Works quickly.
- Adaptability – Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; asks for and offers help when needed.
- Safety – Observes safety procedures.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read a limited number of two and three syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Physical Demands: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms’ climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status,or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
Pre-employment background screening will beconducted. DFWP/EEO/AA/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans