Sous Chef - Lake Blackshear Resort
Lake Blackshear Resort & Golf Club, located in Cordele, Georgia, is looking for an extraordinary Sous Chef to join our Food and Beverage Team! We offer a culture that focuses on teamwork and high levels of customer service with an environment that empowers our team members to exceed guests' expectations.
Lake Blackshear Resort has 88 rooms, villas and lake cabins. Classic, minimalist-style on beautiful 8800 acre cypress lake with restaurant, bar, fitness center, conference center, marina with a lake restaurant, 18 hole-golf course designed by Denis Griffiths, hunting preserve, fishing and family/children’s programs. We are managed by the Southeast's premiere hospitality management company, Coral Hospitality.
Summary: This is a great opportunity for a hard-working, cheerful individual to work in a resort atmosphere of fine dining, catered events or night club. The best person for this position will demonstrate good work ethic, dependability, teamwork and a willingness to learn.
Under the direction of the Executive Chef, the Sous Chef is the manager of the kitchen and second in charge. The Sous Chef fills all the responsibilities of the Executive Chef in his/her absence. This person must be able to work under pressure and make quick decisions. This person performs both administrative and cooking duties.
· Personally, prepares dishes and gives supervision to others in the preparation of dishes.
· Provides supervision of all kitchen staff and may sometimes provide management of both front of the house and back of the house.
· Maintain inventory of kitchen supplies and equipment. Ensure equipment is in proper working order.
· Keep food inventory rotated to insure freshness and minimum spoilage. Estimate food purchases to fill needs of the restaurant.
· Maintain cleanliness and order of the coolers, freezers and pantry.
· Must have full awareness of all health codes and laws involving food safety and sanitation.
· Provide expertise in meeting special request by customers and resolve customer complaints.
Please do not apply for this position unless you have a degree in Culinary Arts or a minimum of two years Kitchen Manager experience in a full-service restaurant or dining facility.