Line Cook - Lake Blackshear Resort
Lake Blackshear Resort, in Cordele, Georgia is currently searching for a hardworking Line Cook. We offer a culture that focuses on teamwork and high levels of customer service with an environment that empowers our team members to exceed guests' expectations. Our ideal candidate will be engaged, hands-on, and prepared to operate a "best in class" resort! Lake Blackshear Resort has 88 rooms, villas and lake cabins. Classic, minimalist-style on beautiful 8800 acre cypress lake with restaurant, bar, fitness center, conference center, marina with a lake restaurant, 18 hole-golf course designed by Denis Griffiths, hunting preserve, fishing and family/children’s programs.
Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Executive Chef or Sous Chef, this position prepares, seasons, and cooks soups, meats, vegetables, desserts, and other food items for Lake Blackshear Resort.
Qualifications: If you do not have 1 year experience as a Line Cook in a restaurant or a technical college degree in Culinary Science, pelase do not apply.
Hours and days: Typically Monday through Sunday with varying hours.
· Reads menu to estimate food requirements and orders food from supplier or procures food from storage.
· Adjusts thermostat controls to regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, roasters, and steam kettles.
· Measures and mixes ingredients according to recipe to prepare soups, salads, gravies, desserts, sauces, and casseroles.
· Bakes, roasts, broils, and steams meat, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
· Adds seasoning to foods during mixing or cooking.
· Observes and tests foods being cooked by tasting, smelling, and piercing with fork to determine that it is cooked.
· Carves meats, portions food on serving plates, adds gravies and sauces, and garnishes servings to fill orders.
· Washes, peels, cuts, and shreds vegetables and fruits to prepare them for use.
· Butchers chickens, fish, and shellfish.
· Cuts, trims, and bones meat prior to cooking.
· Bakes bread, rolls, cakes, and pastry.
Lake Blackshear Resort is an equal opportunity employers committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
Pre-employment background screening will be conducted. DFWP/EEO/AA/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans