Housekeeping Manager -Lake Blackshear Resort
Lake Blackshear Resort & Golf Club, located in Cordele, Georgia, is looking for an extraordinary Housekeeping Manager! We offer a culture that focuses on teamwork and high levels of customer service with an environment that empowers our team members to exceed guests' expectations. Our ideal candidate will be engaged, hands-on, and prepared to operate a "best in class" resort!
Lake Blackshear Resort has 88 rooms, villas and lake cabins. Classic, minimalist-style on beautiful 8800 acre cypress lake with restaurant, bar, fitness center, conference center, marina with a lake restaurant, 18 hole-golf course, fishing and family/children’s programs. We are managed by the Southeast's premiere hospitality management company, Coral Hospitality.
We offer a competitive salary , full health benefit package (medical, dental, vision, etc.) and various company benefits such as vacation. Visit our website at www.lakeblackshearresort.com
Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Rooms Manager, the Housekeeping Manager directs and coordinates the activities of the Housekeeping Department at by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
Education/Experience: A successful applicant must have a minimum of 5 years housekeeping experience in a hotel or motel and 1 year experience as a Manager or 4 years experience as a Supervisor. This person must be familiar with the use of a personal computer.
Supervisory Duties: Directly supervises 10-15 employees in the Housekeeping Department and one subordinate supervisor. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Establishes standards and procedures for work of housekeeping and laundry associates.
- Plans work schedules to ensure adequate service.
- Inspects and evaluates physical condition of the lodge rooms and cabins.
- Submits to management recommendations for painting, repairs, and furnishings.
- Oversees the annual Housekeeping and Laundry operations budget to achieve or exceed budget expectations for the department.
- Periodically inventories supplies and equipment.
- Keep accurate record of expenditures.
- Ensure Purchase Orders are expedited according to proper procedures while adhering to the budget.
- Investigates new and improved cleaning instruments and methods.
- Assists in the supervision of all associates in the housekeeping and laundry organization to include: hiring, firing, corrective action/discipline, and performance evaluations for direct reports.
- Provide excellent training and a positive work environment for all housekeeping and laundry associates in accordance with accepted brand standards.
- Provide first class Guest service in accordance with established guidelines and brand standards.
- Support and live by the team member handbook.
- Protect Lodge assets.
- Provide a safe and sanitary environment for Employees and Guests.
- Maintains proper staffing in all applicable areas.
- Maintains all equipment and supply inventory.
- Helps identify and train appropriate shift personnel to solve minor problems with the computer system.
- Ensures that each guest receives prompt and courteous reception and service.
- Ensures all Accounting policies and procedures are adhered to.
Lake Blackshear Resort is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
Pre-employment background screening will be conducted.